Parent and family involvement plays a crucial role in supporting our centre to be an extension of the home. Your continued involvement in your child’s experiences helps to optimise your child’s learning and development. It is recognised that there are differences in parenting styles and we aim to be responsive to the needs of all families. The education of your child is underpinned through a system of continual feedback from yourself as the parents.
Parent and family involvement plays a crucial role in supporting our centre to be an extension of the home. It is recognised that there are differences in parenting styles and we aim to be responsive to the needs of all families. We have an open door policy and we value and welcome your feedback and suggestions. We actively encourage you to discuss your child’s development and progress throughout the year with your child’s Lead Educator. We believe you have much to offer our programmes, enhancing them through providing invaluable information about your children’s development, likes, dislikes and interests.
As educators we encourage you to actively engage and participate in your child’s day, including becoming involved in the day to day programs of each room. Your child will feel very special and your participation will allow you an opportunity to view our developmentally appropriate programmes. Your involvement may be formal or informal and may include activities such as:
- sharing a special talent or skill, e.g. craft, cooking, dance, music and language
- joining in on special events, e.g. shows, incursions, excursions and celebrations
- participating in social gatherings, e.g. morning tea for mother’s day and father’s day
- parent information nights
- parent and teacher interviews
- collecting ‘junk’ and ‘recyclables’ for art/craft experiences
- attending child care and sitting in the room with your child
- telephoning the room to speak to the staff or your child during the day