Excellence in Early Education and Learning
Our aims are to:
• Provide a healthy and safe learning environment for the care and development of all children.
• Guide children in an environment built on trust and caring relationships with staff and other children.
• Provide developmentally appropriate, tailored programmes which meet each child’s individual interests and their changing needs, to assist in their growth and development whilst learning.
• Encourage independence and provide opportunities which are spontaneous, flexible and creative at each child’s ability and continually meet individual children’s needs as they mature.
• Provide an environment where each child develops and has fostered and nurtured their individual identity, their wellbeing, their identity with their community, their communication skills and their learning skills.
• Provide an environment where each child will be given the opportunity and ability to explore, to experiment and to develop physically, cognitively and emotionally.
• Develop each child’s self-esteem by promoting positive attributes about themselves and others.
• Promote an environment of non-bias and cultural inclusion for the development of all children. To embrace and welcome each child and their family who enrol into our centre. We will respect family cultures, perspectives, religious beliefs, languages and ensure that we show no bias, discrimination or cultural preferences.
• Encourage family involvement whole-heartedly and welcome parents to participate and contribute any skills, talents and interest to the programme.
• Provide a healthy menu that considers the nutritional and medical requirements of our children as well as the diversity of our community.
• Protect the privacy of personal information that the centre collects, holds and administers.
• Promote a safe, healthy and harmonious work environment through team work and treating all staff with respect.
We will provide an environment where each child will be given the opportunity and equipment to best develop the essential building blocks for their future. These skills and building blocks will underpin their future development and education. This learning will be in conjunction with you, the parent, and your child.
Development Outcomes. We will assist and guide each child as they emerge, explore and extend their skills and foundations in the five Development Outcomes. The Development Outcomes are:
• their individual identity
• their wellbeing
• their identity with their community
• their communication skills
• their learning skills.
We are committed to excellence in Early Education and Learning.