Learing through Play
Children are active learners who make sense of their world and themselves when they have opportunities to investigate and explore materials and ideas through play and interactions with people. As educators we facilitate learning through play. This learning occurs as part of the social and cultural interactions between children and educators, parents, families, community members and others.
When your child is engaged they are empowered to express ideas and make choices about their learning. We recognise that as learners, they are:
- competent, capable and creative
- secure, connected and respectful
- happy, playful and curious
- confident, motivated and involved
- inquisitive, both as problem posers and problem solvers.